Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4/5/10-4/9/10







Looking back at the second week of Addison's life. We headed to the doctor in Hudson on Monday to check how things were going after the weekend home from Children's. Addison had a weight check; 5 lb 6oz, and a trip to the lab to have her foot poked. As we left Children's Addison's billy rubin number was at a 12, not concerning but enough to be rechecked. Monday's numbers shot up to a suprising 20! At 5:00 p.m. Monday, the nurse ordered a billy blanket to be delivered to our house. After a few phone calls wondering the whereabouts of this equipment we needed, the delivery truck showed up at 9:00 p.m. I immediatly put Addison into her new contraption then snuggled her up the best I could with blankets. She was unalble to wear clothing so the light would hit directly on her skin. The billy light was a long pad that wrapped around Addison's stomach.



We were off to the doctor again Tuesday for another weight check and billy rubin check. Her wieght went down to 5 lb 5 oz and billy numbers down to a 17. On Thursday we had yet another trip to the doctor. Weight was up to 5 lb 7 oz and billy number went down to 13.8. Slowly but surely the numbers were dropping but we still needed to have Addison in her little tanning bed for the weekend. It was frustrateing because I felt like I could not hold her as often as I would have liked. By Monday the 12th I thought I had enough practice getting two kids ready and out the door. I realized that when I think I plan enough time - it's not. I will get it down one of these days. Rob met us at each of the appointments to take Amelia. Chasing Amelia while holding Addison, the diaper bag, and carrier would have been a good show for others sitting in the waiting area but not something I am ready for yet. Monday's wieght: 5 lb 10 oz Monday's billy number: 13.4. We were able to send the billy light back but will pack up for another doctor appointment next Monday. I recieved the bill for the billy light - wow! Rob says he is going to go into a new career of selling medical equipment.



No comments:

Post a Comment